Saturday, June 26, 2010

Anna's Birthday...

Hungover again..... There's a pattern emerging on this trip. Wake, ouch, swim, better! Jump straight in the pool. Anna wakes up and comes downstairs as Jane emerges from her room. We wish Anna a happy birthday and have a debrief of the previous days events. Leah isn't happy we went to Ku De Ta and didn't call her. Fair enough. The 3 of us have been getting into the habit of saying we're going home, then going out without telling anyone. Kind of like a drunk, modern day 3 musketeers, but I'm sure those guys we're doing some good.........we are just plain evil!


Breakfast with everyone is nice. Dan gives Anna some beads and Leah presents her with a beautiful ring. Peter & Ange have asked Kurt to try and organize some french champagne for the girls for their birthday. This is not such an easy task in Bali, but we have a list of places we can try. Nev gets on the phone to Josh from Sea Circus and we get him on the case as well.
I need to buy a shirt for the party, as well as try and find Anna a present, so i jump on the bike and head off with Kurt and Dan to the BinTang supermarket. I change some money there and Kurt gets some credit for his phone, then hop back on the bikes and head to Seminyak. We run into a kiwi mate of Kerry's named Adam....but more about him later.....


I'm having trouble finding anything for Anna. I see some nice jewelery and fabrics, but nothing I'm positive she will like. Then speak of the devil......we run into Jane, Anna and Leah walking down the street. They are done shopping and are going to warrung Asia for lunch. I tell Kurt and Dan to go with them, i will stay and keep looking.
After 15 minutes with no success i jump back on my bike and wizz off to Bang 66 to catch up with the crew. Lunch looks good, but I'm not hungry so i settle into my first BinTang for the day. So cold...so good!
I'm having real trouble finding Anna a present, so i ask her to come with me on Monday so i get her something she actually wants. She agrees and jumps on the back of the bike and i give her a lift back to the hotel. From there i head off to find a shirt. Run into Jane out front of the hotel and give her a ride down to the supermarket to get some money. Stop on the way back at a few shops but still no luck....
Back at the hotel and Kurt needs to pick up his suits from Kuta, and he recons he knows a place where i can buy a plain black v-neck. Perfect!


We jump on the bikes and head up to legian shops and a store named Flamingos. I get what i need then it's off to Poppies lane to pick up the suits. He has ordered a white linen 2 piece, a blue 3 piece and a brown 3 piece. They all look awesome. We get back to the hotel and the girls are ready to go! Shit......


I jump in the shower, and I'm in my white "pimp" outfit in seconds. I feel like the bad guy from a 60's James Bond flick. Anna thinks i look plain dodgy. I'm happy with either...
The girls look great. The plan is to go have pre-dinner drinks at Ku De Ta, then be at Sea Circus by 7pm. Josh has tracked down two bottles of Billicart champagne, and they will get them at dinner. Awesome!
Jane, Leah, Anna and i head down to Ku De Ta while Kurt and Dan wait for the babysitter. The Kiwis are there when we arrive and have reserved an area for us upstairs. I order myself a Mango Mule and one for the girls, and we toast the birthdays, and a beautiful sunset in Bali.


After a couple of drinks we head off to the restaurant. Sea Circus has reserved us a corner close to the bar, and provide us with welcome drinks of champagne served in tea cups, and ice cold BinTangs. Slowly all the guests arrive, and beautiful hostesses walk past with trays of tapas. I can remember tempura vegetables, salted squid, Lamb skewers and baby san choy bow. The food was excellent and the company great. The night blurs a little from this point, so i will let the pictures do the talking.......


My night ends with Anna buying us all a cocktail and a shot of tequila. Pip and Kerry don't want theirs, so i foolishly throw them back. Woops....
Next thing i know I'm in a cab heading back to the safety of The Island. I can't remember my room number but i manage somehow to get my key and fall into bed (fully clothed). It was a great day and night, i feel blessed to have been able to spend it with such great people, and i, as you must be, am really looking forward to finding out what happened after i left the party..............


No comments:

Post a Comment